User Terms of Service
Last Updated: 10/19/23
Grown Folks' Business is an online community for training subject matter experts on how to turn their knowledge and experience into an online business. Training resources include online courses, live video training, pre-recorded video training, and online forums (collectively, the “Service”). By joining, you agree to abide by our standards of conduct or face removal from the community.
Your use of the Service is subject to these terms. Please read this Agreement carefully and make sure you understand it. If you do not understand the Agreement, or do not accept any part of it, then you may not use the Service.
These Terms and Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, the Customer, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”) and Grown Folks’ Business (“we,” “us” or “our”), concerning your access to and use of the Grown.biz website as well as any other media form, media channel, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto (collectively, the “Site”).
You agree that by accessing the Site, you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by all of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with all of these Terms and Conditions, then you are expressly prohibited from using the Site and you must discontinue use immediately.
Supplemental terms and conditions or documents that may be posted on the Site from time to time are hereby expressly incorporated herein by reference. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason.
We will alert you about any changes by updating the “Last updated” date of these Terms and Conditions, and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change.
It is your responsibility to periodically review these Terms and Conditions to stay informed of updates. You will be subject to, and will be deemed to have been made aware of and to have accepted, the changes in any revised Terms and Conditions by your continued use of the Site after the date such revised Terms and Conditions are posted.
The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
The following non-exhaustive list of behaviors and activities are expressly prohibited:
- Breaking the law
- Violent, crude, or obscene content
- Spreading false or misleading information
- Stalking or harassing other users
- Violating copyright laws
- Spamming your service or other users
- Scamming your service or other users
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site.
- Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords;
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- Use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
DIRECT MESSAGING POLICY
Site is a group training platform. Any and all questions and / or requests for support or training must be submitted as a post inside one of the community forums and not as a direct message to Site owner. In simple language, post your questions inside the forum and do not send them to Lenzy as direct messages.
ACCOUNT TERMINATION AND SUSPENSION
Site reserves the right to suspend or terminate your Site account or your access to all or part of the Service if (a) you materially or repeatedly breach this Agreement; (b) we are required to do so to comply with a legal requirement or a court order; or (c) we reasonably believe that there has been conduct that creates (or could create) liability or harm to any user, other third party, Site or our Affiliates.
With our money back guarantee, you can get a full refund within the first fourteen (14) days of your annual membership. After fourteen (14) days, no refunds (full or partial) will be issued. For monthly subscriptions, you can cancel at any time, but no refunds (full or partial) will be issued. For payment plans, if you fail to complete your payment plan, your access to Site will be revoked and no refunds (full or partial) will be issued. For coaching programs of seven (7) days or less, no refunds (full or partial) will be issued. For coaching programs longer than seven (7) days and less than one hundred (100) days, you can get a full refund within the first three (3) days of your membership. After three (3) days, no refunds (full or partial) will be issued. For online course purchases that include lifetime access, you can get a full refund within the first three (3) days of your purchase. After three (3) days, no refunds (full or partial) will be issued. If we terminate your membership for violation of the terms of this Agreement or our policies, we will not refund any amount paid for unused Service. For Service that includes a free trial, Customer forfeits any and all rights to a refund once the free trial ends and billing is initiated.
We own and will continue to own our Services, including all related intellectual property rights. We grant to Customer a non-sublicensable, non-transferable, non-exclusive, limited license for Customer to use the training materials solely as necessary to sue the Services and in accordance with the Terms of Service. All of our rights not expressly granted by the license are hereby retained.
TRAINING PROGRAM MODIFICATIONS
We reserve the right to adjust training program resources and pricing and to discontinue training programs, all without notice. While we make every effort to ensure that you are provided with the very best training, these modifications may occasionally be required.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Other than in connection with a party’s indemnification obligations hereunder, in no even will either customer’s or the Site extended family’s aggregate liability arising out of or related to the contract or the user terms (whether in contract or tort or under any other theory of liability) exceed the total amount paid by customer hereunder in the twelve (12) months preceding the last event giving rise to liability.
This Agreement supersedes all prior terms, agreements, discussions and writings regarding the Service and constitutes the entire agreement between Customer and Site regarding the Service. If any provision in this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, then that provision will not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions of the agreement, which will remain in full force and effect.
All notices permitted or required under this Agreement, unless specified otherwise in this Agreement, must be sent in writing as follows in order to be valid: (i) if to you, by us via email to the address associated with your account, and (ii) if to us by you via admin[at]parkroadstudios.com. Notices will be deemed given (a) if to you, when emailed, and (b) if to us, on receipt by us.
No waiver of any terms will be deemed a further or continuing waiver or such term or any other term. Our failure to assert a right or provision under this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.